The vintagecollector's Catwalks

The vintagecollector's Catwalks
Just a few of my favourite things

Tuesday 1 May 2012

What is a Vesta?

This lovely 1-1/2 inch silver case on silver chain with a small charm attached lay for many years in my display showcase.  Many guests asked me what it was and all that I did reply was that it held tiny wax matches.   One fashion show I had a guest who hailed from England and she said "Oh I see you have a Vesta"  she went on to say that this was probably from the late 20's or the 30's when women who chose to smoke must do so discreetly.  The match striker is on the bottom.  If anyone recognized the symbol of the charm please let me know. I have just finished another successful Charity Vintage Fashion Show with proceed to the Salvation Army.  I hope that I now will have a tad more free time to post more regularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment